Are you tired of “regular” tour schedules? Do you want to have more freedom or privacy during your tour? Would you like to experience a bit of the real daily life of Japan? Or perhaps you’d like t to explore Japan’s beautiful back country? Then, I’m here for you.
I’m located in Osaka, known as the kitchen of Japan, and within an easy distance to Kyoto, with its splendid temples, to Nara, the first capital of Japan with a huge statue of Buddha, and to the historic international port city of Kobe, all less than 60 minutes away.
If you would like to visit a quiet out-of-the-way hot spring (“onsen”) village, or go sailing or bike riding around the Shimanami Kaido area, I can guide you. Or perhaps you would like to visit a sake brewery or whisky distiller? Learn about Japanese customs through the private authentic tea ceremony at the tea master’s residence? Or do you want to enjoy a fine dinning at the authentic Micheline star Japanese restaurant? Whatever your interest, I can help you. I welcome your inquiries!
I lived in Canada and the US as a foreign student during my university years, and thereafter travelled extensively during my international business career. I’ve always enjoyed experiencing new cultures and meeting new people., And during that time I was fortunate to have the chance to develop good, colloquial fluency in English.
Now, as a professional tour concierge, I’m delighted to have the opportunity to pay back some of the wonderful experiences I’ve enjoyed overseas. If you would like to learn more on me, visit privatetourconcierge.com or you can check out my face book, https://www.facebook.com/privatetourconciergeJapan/.
Let me help you with your travel plans in Japan, whatever your interests may be!
Recent reviews of this tour guide:
Takuya is an amazing guide. We saw more in a day than we could have seen on our own or with cruise excursion in a week. He was fun, personable and flexible. His English is great. He took us to places that he knew we would enjoy as he got to know us better. We had an amazing lunch and then an even more amazing dinner experience with him at a very small out of the way sake bar. It was the coolest part of our 17 days in Japan, China, and S Korea while on a cruise. Definitely book him!!
All ratings/reviews »
Tour guide services/sample itinerary:
My Philosophy—Catch of the Day
I wonder how many of you are aware of the “local” way of ordering and enjoying sushi ?
The best way is also the easiest. Don’t bother with the menu.
Quite simply, you ask the chef for the freshest catch of the day and order what he recommends.
Then, your chat with your chef begins (sorry, in Japanese!).
And with the “ice broken”, your meal unfolds and you get to know the chef. If you come a number of times he’ll soon treat you like a regular customer that he intends to keep forever.
That’s how I like to approach my services.
My offer is a customized private tour according to your interests, schedule and priorities. You have complete freedom to change your mind along the way as well. I can attend your tour from a day to up to over a week, throughout Japan.
Japan has four distinctive seasons and each one brings new and special things to do. For that reason, and to ensure you get exactly what you’d like, I prefer not to list-up specific sample itineraries.
Instead, let’s have a talk and I’ll design something just for you.
Of course, you may need some tips as to what kinds of attractions and activities I can arrange for you. No problem! Check out "Tour Guides Interests" below.
Again, there is so much to see and experience in Japan. This country is a treasure box for your exploration. I can offer you more. So don’t be shy to ask me for the fresh catch of the day for your wonderful unforgettable tour in beautiful Japan!!
Transportation by tour guide:
Yes, transportation can be arranged upon your request.
If you need a rent-a-car, I can drive and you pay the cost, both car, fuel, toll, and parking etc.
Or I can arrange the English speaking driver upon request at the extra cost for our better convenience.
Private sightseeing & group tours offered by this guide:
Osaka bar hopping tour
Osaka suburbs tour
Tour guide interests:
- Historic and authentic city tour, the combination of "Must visit places" and the niche but beautiful quiet places or limited time only National Treasure Exhibits in Kyoto, Osaka, Nara (including Horyuji Temple and Ikaruga area), Himeji, Koyasan (Mt. Koya), HIroshima (including Miyajima) and Shirakawago (including Gokayama and Shokawa).
I usually add least one limited time national treasure exhibits in Kyoto or Nara.
- Back alley walking tour in Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe.
- Bar hopping tour in Osaka, the Kitchen of Japan, usually enjoying the selections of traditional bar food and sake etc. at Tachinomi, standing only bar, or Izakaya, the Japanese dining bar.
- Sake brewery or Japanse Whisky distillery tour in Kobe, Kyoto, and Osaka
- Traditional super sharp Japanese knife store, do you want to learn how to use and sharpen them properly for your better cooking and dinning.
- Back country tour to Naruto Eddying Current, Iya Cannyon (Oboke & Koboke), Shimanami Kaido, Takeda Castle, Yubara Onsen, Hiruzen Kogen, and Obama
- Bike tour through Shimanami Kaido or Hiruzen Kogen
- Authentic Japanese dining at the Michelin single star restaurant in a suburbs of Osaka
- Onsen tour for your relaxation (And I am an Onsen expert!!)
- Baseball (or Yakyu in Japanese) at the authentic Koshien Stadium, beautifully located Kobe Hotto Motto Field (Kobe Green Stadium), or Kyocela Dome (Osaka Dome) for the local teams as Hanshin Tigers or Orix Buffaloes and enjoy the Japanese style stadium food.
- Authentic tea ceremony at the tea master's residence in suburbs of Osaka or the authentic classic villa in Innoshima, the part of Shimanami Kaido.
Reviews of this tour – by clients who booked!