Hello! - Ciao! - Здравейте!
About 25 years ago my studies led me to Italy and to Milan, where I found my new home. After having worked as an interpreter for years, eventually my passion for history, art and culture made me choose the profession of the tourist guide.
I love Milan with its history, art, design, fashion, excellent food and wine, but also the surroundings with the beautiful lakes of Como, Lugano, Maggiore, etc.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience about my city with people coming from other cultures, having interesting conversations and learning something from them.
My tours and guided visits are mainly focused on history, art, culture, natural beauty of the area, but I'm also passionate about Italian food and wines. I can not only give you precious advice regarding where to eat and enjoy a relaxing night over a glass of good wine, but you can also enjoy a fun wine and food tour with me, either in some characteristic area of the city or elsewhere, in one of the famous food and wine regions in Italy (like Piedmont, Tuscany, etc.).
Another interesting option can be a day tour with me from Milan to Bergamo where you can enjoy a guided walk along the narrow medieval streets of the historical centre, or to the nearby breathtaking lake Como. There you can enjoy a guided boat cruise and see the villas of celebrities like George Clooney and Richard Branson.
And last but not least, I can help you with the purchase of tickets for the famous Leonardo da Vinci's masterpiece "The Last Supper".
So, if you desire to get the maximum out of your Italian experience in Milan, surroundings and North-Central Italy in general, please contact me and I will be happy to contribute to make your stay here really unforgettable.
Recent reviews of this tour guide:
Katerina was our guide for 5 days and truly loves her job . She added unique places to the itinerary that other guides did not even mention. She encouraged us to try the regional specialties and recommended the best local restaurants. She has a great sense of photographs. I have phenomenal pictures from unique angles that I would have never thought were possible.
She has a great personality & ensures that clients have a great time. She imparts knowledge allowing for an authentic experience!
All ratings/reviews »
Tour guide services/sample itinerary:
- Skip The Line Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper" giuded tour for small groups - 1h.
- Leonardo da Vinci and the Sforzas guided tour - 2/3h.
- Top 5 walking tour (3h) including: Duomo – the unique Cathedral of Milan, the luxurious 19th century arcade “Vittorio Emanuele II”, the famous La Scala opera theatre, the Medieval Merchants’ square, the artists' district of Brera and the Sforza castle.
- Top 10 walking tour (6h) including: Duomo, the Arcade, La Scala, the “Merchants’ square” and the Castle as above + the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie with Leonardo da Vinci’s “Last Supper”, the art and fashion district of Brera, the biggest art gallery in Milan – “Pinacoteca di Brera” , containing plenty of precious Renaissance paintings and “Piazza Affari” with Maurizio Cattelan’s modern monument L.O.V.E.
- Renaissance Milan (4h) including: Filaret’s Ca’ Granda, the church of S. Antonio Abate with its beautiful altarpieces and fresco decorations by G. C. Procaccini, il Cerano and Morazzone, the mysterious ossuary of the church S. Bernardino alle ossa, the church of San Satiro masterfully decorated by Donato Bramante obtaining a surprising optical illusion, The beautiful church of San Maurizio also called "The Sistine Chapel of Milan", Santa Maria delle Grazie and Leonardo’s “Last Supper”.
- Roman and Medieval Milan (3/4h) and many others.
- Customized tours and guided visits of museums and churches.
- "Navigli" canals and Happy Hour in Milan (2,5h).
- Shopping tours.
Transportation by tour guide:
Yes, transportation can be arranged upon request.
Tour guide interests:
History, art, culture;
Food and Wine;
Natural beauty: Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, Lake Lugano, etc.
Music and dance.
Reviews of this tour – by clients who booked!
Very good and knowledgeable guide.
She gave us a great tour and few good advice for our destinations outside of Milan on our trip
Tour Guide Comment:
Thank you Anatoly!
It was a pleasure to be your guide. Hope to see you back in Milan again.