Tour with Jessie!
Hello! I am a certified tourguide with fluent English, knowledge and enthusiasm to share Korean people's past, present and future. I specialize in fulfilling customized tour(private tour) requests and delivering the hidden stories of Seoul, not only as a tour guide but also as a local who loves to share the atmosphere of this vibrant city and its story.
Please Join me in exploring Korea from its antiquity to the present!
* female tourguide, private tourguide
* Tour Guide Experience
Shore Excursions - Volendam, Seabourn Sojourn, Millenium, Nautica, Amsterdam, EUROPA, etc
Apr/2017 - Korea Cruise Travel Mart FAM tour organized by KTO(Korea Tourism Org. )
Apr/2016 - Lecture on Korea culture for Hyundai Construction and Engineering Global Talent program
from Feb/2016 - Yonsei University Exchange Student culture tour-DMZ
Oct/2015 - OECD Ministerial Meeting Daejeon 2015 World Science and Technology VIP Tour
May/2015 - 10th International Freight Conference Tour
Apr/2015 - World Water Forum Technical Tour
* Interpreter Experience -
Apr/2017 - Korea Cruise Travel Mart
Nov/2015 - Global Infrastructure Cooperation Conference Liaison for the Minister of Ministry of Urban Development and Housing/Ethiopia.
Oct/2015 - KOTRA Foreign Investment Week Interpreter for an European company considering investment in Korea.
* Other Work Experience -
May/2003~Oct/2014 - Operation team lead at Sun Microsystems/Oracle Corp.
Dec/2015 - Premium Tour Guide(M.I.C.E.) Training by Korea Tourism Organization
Nov/2015 - History and Culture refresher training by Korea Tourism Organization
Recent reviews of this tour guide:
We had a wonderful tour with Jessie. She is an absolute professional and at the same time really, really nice. Perfect, thanks!
All ratings/reviews »
Tour guide services/sample itinerary:
* Culture & History tour, Hiking Tour, Out of Seoul, Shore Excursion
* Business assistant/Market research/Interpretation
Unesco World Cultural Heritage Sites
- Chagndeokgung Palace & Rear Garden (politics and life of people in the palace)
- Jongmyo Shrine (where Royal Spirits are honored)
- Joseon Royal Tombs (in the middle of Gangnam, don't expect Psy's Gangnam Style here^^ )
- Suwon Hwaseong Fortress (King Jeongjo, the visionary leadership of Joseon Dynasty)
- Namhansanseong Fortress (Qing's Invasion & King Injo's humiliating surrender to Qing )
- Gyeongju Historic Areas (Shilla Dynasty & its people)
*Life Style of Koreans / Local experience
- Bukchon Hanok Conservation Area & Samcheongdong
- Gangnam Walking Tour (Joseon Royal Tomb, Bongeunsa Temple, trendy street)
- Markets (Namdaemun Market, Gwangjang Market, Noryangjin Fishmarket)
- bus ride to Mt. Namsan
- eat like a local in my neighborhood (Korean BBQ-best beef in town, pork backbone stew, eel BBQ, pubs with locally brewed beer, and many more)
- bicycle along the Han River
- picnic at river bank with chicken & beer & beautiful sunset
Transportation by tour guide:
walking + public transportation(fast & convenient, above all new experience for you)
private vehicle can be arranged upon request.
Private sightseeing & group tours offered by this guide:
Early Bird Walking Tour - starts at 7AM!
Full Day Walking Tour
Shore Excursion DMZ/Seoul-SM
Tour for Annette
Tour for Michael-1.5 day walking tour for Feb/8&9
Tour guide interests:
culinary & cooking
museum & artifacts
hiking (Bukhansan/small peaks in Seoul/Seoraksan)
you can learn more about me on facebook - tourwithjessie.
Reviews of this tour – by clients who booked!
Jessie was an excellent guide.
A group of 12 of us stopping at Incheon on a cruise organized a tour of dmz and Seoul with Jessie and everyone was delighted. Jessie was easy to understand and was extremely helpful in answering all questions .From the original planning of the tour several months in advance to the actual tour itself she was prompt and willing to assist at all times with recommendations etc.. She was great company and very competent. I would strongly recommend her to anyone.
This was the best of the tours I have taken around the world. Saw temples, forts, museums, explored public transport, had great conversations about history, religion and politics, gender roles, families, and work, and had a really fun time hiking, biking and even trying archery. Jessie was an excellent guide. She was knowledgeable, considerate, flexible, and a creative programmer. I cannot recommend this tour too highly. Caveat: Seoul + environs very hilly with steps. Respect your knees
Tour guide testimonials