Welcome to Yogyakarta, “The cultural capital of Indonesia” - Or as we the locals call it : “Yogya”
If you own a guidebook you´ll probably have a few things you would like to experience around here. I can take you to all the places you’ve heard about, but also some places you haven’t heard about.
I'm Hendra, freelance tour guide and self-taught artist/urbansketcher. I was born and live in Yogya. But like to travel all around Indonesia for exploring new unique places.
Tours prices are flexible depending of guest’s number, your wishes for visiting places, and time of stay. I would be very happy to meet you in my city – Yogyakarta and give you unforgettable memories from here.
Sampai Jumpa, ("See you" in Indonesian language)
Tour guide services/sample itinerary:
I can make individual itinerary for your stay in Yogyakarta according to your interests and needs. Such as:
1. Yogyakarta and Indonesian cultural tour
2. Historical and archeological sites
3. Daily life (Live in) - Daily Indonesian people life
4. Art tour through local artist places, galleries and etc.
5. Adventure tour in nature through volcanoes, rivers, waterfalls and etc.
6. Spiritual tour
If you have special needs as well I can organize:
- Long or short days trip out of Yogyakarta city to other regions like Dieng Plateu, Bromo, Ijien, Karimunjawa island,Semarang Old City, Lasem The chinesse forgotten city, and etc.
- Art activities such as urbansketching, plain air and landscape painting, practice traditional dances, play traditional music gamelan, silver making and etc.
- Nature activities such as Merapi trekking via Selo, Gunung Kidul beach trekking via seashore, Baluran park camping
- Live in program in Nglanggeran Ancient mountain
Or you can say me what you are interested in and we can discuss about it, considering your time availability.
Transportation by tour guide:
Yes, transportation can be arranged upon request.
Tour guide interests:
- Art and performance
- Cultural and historical heritage walks.
- Spending free time in nature