Visiting Istanbul is joining its adventure. It is unpredictable. You never know what surprise is awaiting for you next. I am an archaeologist, a PhD candidate in art history, but above all, a story-teller, who loves telling the story of this city. If what you're looking for is a professional guide that has not only extensive historical, cultural and political knowledge, but also a quirky sense of humour, I'm your ever-helpful humble companion! I will help you unveil the mysteries, charms, textures & tastes of this great old city, while ensuring you are well-entertained and cared for in its chaotic yet magical atmosphere. ;)
Recent reviews of this tour guide:
Filiz was the highlight of our trip to Turkey. She is an amazing guide that made us fall more in love with a beautiful country, rich history, and wonderful people. Filiz is an experienced archaeologist, highly educated, and speaks English like a native speaker. We were so impressed with her, and had such a great time visiting, we hired her for a second day. We’re going back to Turkey and we wouldn’t dream of doing it without Filiz as our guide.
All ratings/reviews »
Tour guide services/sample itinerary:
- Classical tour of the Old city (Topkapı Palace, the Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque)
- Cruise on the Bosphorus
- The Bazaars: The Grand Bazaar, Spice Market and Arasta Bazaar
- Mystical Istanbul (the Chora Church, the Basilica Cistern and the Suleymaniye Mosque)
- Culinary Walks (Local foods and drinks, open-air markets, street food, all kinds of eateries)
- Artistic Istanbul (Istanbul Museum of Modern Art, gallery walk in Tophane)
- Traditional art workshops (Learn marbling or calligraphy in one hour)
- Istanbul by night (join the vibe!)
- To hamam or not to hamam?
- The Prince Islands
- How about Asia? The other side of Istanbul
- Private tour (tailored according to your own demands)
Transportation by tour guide:
Yes, transportation can be arranged upon request.
Tour guide interests:
the history of the world since the Big Bang
Reviews of this tour – by clients who booked!